Organizations when using REST API

Bhawtosh Jani June 14, 2019

Organizations field is locked, I can see when user logs ticket from portal UI and email it is mapping to proper Organization name (if email/user is mapped to customer in JIRA SD Projects), when my scripting guy try to migrate using REST API it doesn't work that way. Is it possible to use organizations filed while migrating old tickets using REST API

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Hi Bhawtosh,

I understand that you are attempting to migrate some organization data from one service desk instance into another using the REST API, but that this is not working as expected.

I am curious to learn more about this problem to better understand how we can help here.  When your REST API guy is creating these requests in the other Jira Service Desk site, are they using the endpoint POST /rest/servicedeskapi/request?  I ask because it might be possible to use the Jira Server REST API POST /rest/api/2/issue to create an issue.  But of course that endpoint does not have access to all the service desk specific fields, like organizations, request participants, request type, etc.

Also if the POST /rest/servicedeskapi/request is being called here, I'd be interested to know if the 'raiseOnBehalfOf' parameter is being used so that the request is being created by this scripted user, but that the reporter will be that servicedesk user in the customer role when this is created.  This is a parameter that can be defined by users in the Agent role, but not users that only exist in the customer role.

Please let me know more about this problem, I'd be interested to know the specific endpoints being called, the payloads of that REST call, and any response given by Jira, as well as the end result of the issue/request made in Jira to better understand the scope of this problem.

I hope this helps,

Andy

Bhawtosh Jani June 21, 2019

This looks really helpful, I have passed on your response to my team member (he just returned today to work), We will be back with the detailed response very soon.

Suggest an answer