Opting out of emails for a user.

Ronald Lares December 12, 2022

The owner of the company I work for does not want to receive emails from <info@e.atlassian.com>. I know he can optout himself from user preference but he does not want to do it he wants me to do it. He never comes into the office (Even though he has the largest office in the building) so I can't get access. Trying to explain that he can do this in a matter of minutes is like talking to a wall. As our Jira Admin (dumped on me when the previous Admin retired) he says it is my job to make this happen. There is also no way that he will give me his password, he most likely uses that for everything. 

So to make a long question longer can I as Admin opt him out. 

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Ronald Lares 

First of all, let me say how sorry I am that you have to deal with such a person. Obviously he is just bossing you around. Hope that someday soon you will not be working with me.

Now, unfortunately there isn't a way to stop receiving notification on behalf of someone else  at least to my knowledge. So the solution is either for him to login and opt out, or to give you his password.

Ronald Lares December 13, 2022

Thanks but neither will happen. 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

So he will keep getting these notifications. Nothing much you can do about it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events