On Roadmap - How to make issue colour not linked to epic colour?

Mark McCarrick April 5, 2023

Hello, I'm trying to configure settings which will show on the roadmap, issues by their set colour type and not inherit their epic colour which they sit in.

jira-1.png

At the moment, I can change the epic colour and it will change all child linked issues colours to the same. This is irrelevant if the issue colour is set to something different.

I can change the epic colour by right-clicking and this will change all the issues underneath. 

jira-2.png

I can't change the issue colour by right-clicking on the schedule:

jira-3.png

At a glance, I want to be able to group issues using colour. So the epic can be whatever colour, in this example purple. But I want the issue colours to show as yellow and keep the epic colour the same as it was.

jira-4.png

Hope this makes sense!  Can anyone help advise?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

HI @Mark McCarrick welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Child issues of a parent (in this case Epic) will always have the same colour as parent, you cannot change this.

See documentation article Change color of issue schedule bars on your roadmap for more info.

Mark McCarrick April 5, 2023

Thanks @Dave Mathijs! No worries then, hopefully something the Atlassian team can possibly look at in future. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events