On Editing Workflow: Cannot Add a Transition because

rcdpanjaitan December 5, 2020

I'm trying to mark every issues that already deployed state as resolved

So I created a state "resolved" on the workflow.

But somehow, I can not make a transition from Deployment to Resolved. The warning is "you can not perform this on a draft workflow..." Well then how to insert the transition if i'm not on a draft (on editing a workflow)?!

But, the funny thing is, during editing (drafting), I can make a transition from Done to Resolved, no such warning like the previous one. I wonder why.... Please enlight me.

jiraproblem.png

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2020

There is a long-standing bug in the draft workdlow editor - it can not add a transition to a step that does not already have at least one outgoing transition.

Atlassian have said they're not going to fix this because it only affects a tiny handful of people (admins who have not seen it before, or have inherited a system from one), and there is a simple fix which is a minor inconvenience for most.

You'll have to copy the workflow, edit the copy (it won't go into draft, so you won't have the problem), add the transition out of the step (while you're there, check for other steps with no outgoing transitions too) and then go to the workflow scheme and swap the old workflow out for the new copy.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi @rcdpanjaitan 

1. Create a copy of the workflow,
  2. Add your nee status and transition to it
  3. Associate this new workflow with your project.

This has been the only workaround I found for this issue.

Let me know if issue persists or you need further clarification. Also the problem only occurs on default workflow created with your project.

0 votes
Angela Trigg (Quarles) March 11, 2021

This is crazy. This interface is confusing enough as it is and then to come across this error and have to do some work-around just because I want to do something basic like add a status and transition?

Angela Trigg (Quarles) March 11, 2021

Ugh, and now I've done the Copy workaround and assigned that workflow to the correct Issue Type but now all of my existing issues are still using the old one?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events