ONE overview for assigned tickets and tasks from Confluence and Jira

heismar April 20, 2024

Dear community,

In our project, we're using Confluence and Jira for project and task management and for Jira the Checklist feature is enabled. This results in 3 sources for the user to check for open tasks

• Personal/project Jira board with "assignee = currentUser()"
  • Jira profile > assigned items
  • Confluence profile > tasks w/ filter "assigned to me"

Is there any option to provide the user ONE overview containing the information from these 3 different sources?

Thank you very much for your support and best regards,

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2024

Hi @heismar and welcome to the online community!

It's easy to pull Jira tasks into Confluence, so I'd say it would be best to create a view of everything there. Can you tell me more about the checklist feature you are using? In the mean time, here's what I'd do:

Step 1: Create a Confluence page to use as an overview of a user's combined tasks in both applications. 

Step 2: On the Confluence page, add a "Jira Issues" macro to pull in the user's incomplete Jira issues.

Tip: Filter out the user's completed issues with a JQL query like: assignee = currentUser() and statusCategory != Done

Step 3: On the Confluence page, add a "Task Report" macro to pull in the user's incomplete Confluence tasks.

Here's and example of what it might look like.

Rachel-Wright-Work-Overview.png

Alternate option:

Track all work tasks in Jira and document them in Confluence. ;)

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

heismar April 21, 2024

Hi @Rachel Wright ,

thanks for your feedback! We're using the "issue checklist pro" feature in Jira which allows the user to click on "assigned items" in the user profile to get an overview of the checklist items in different Jira issues in which the user got mentioned.

Somehow, this is the missing puzzle piece as the combined overview solution is great, but a bit more difficult from user perspective if the checklist items can't be displayed as well! Is there any possibility to filter Confluence task for assignee = currentUser() as it can be done in Jira?

Best regards,

Marco

Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2024

Hi Marco!

Welcome to the community!

my name is Gracjan, and I'm a Customer Success Expert at HeroCoders, the team behind the Issue Checklist app.

I understand that you would like to show the assigned checklist items data in the confluence. So far we didn't add such a widget there, but we might consider adding it to our backlog. I will review that with the team.

Our app has as you mentioned an assigned items option in Jira Profile, but also you can add the same view for the Jira dashboard, for details you can refer to the documentation here.

Cheers!

Gracjan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events