OAuth setup to Incoming Email is having trouble while Testing the connection

SSHASTRY June 10, 2021

I am trying the Incoming Email setup in Jira Server using OAuth integration suggested by JIRA server.

While creating a mail server, I am able to Authorize with OAuth but on selecting the Test Connection i am seeing below error.

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• AuthenticationFailedException: AUTHENTICATE failed.

I have added the snippets.

When I tried with "Authentication method" as Basic Authentication, it worked for me. But I see a message as below. Am I missing something here?

This mail server uses basic authentication. This method is planned to be deprecated by Microsoft and Google. Update the authentication method to OAuth 2.0 to keep receiving mail. We recommend selecting OAuth to authenticate to this mail server. Basic authentication using only a password is planned to be deprecated by Microsoft and Google. Learn more

Authorization.PNGTest Connection error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

@SSHASTRY Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Did you register the application on the Azure AD side?

Here is some documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/integrating-with-oauth-2-0-1013845729.html

SSHASTRY June 17, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder.

Yes I did follow the same instruction in the link for Azure AD integration. But the Azure AD settings is failing during Test Connection step.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Is everything configured correctly on the Azure side to allow you to connect?  If the answer is yes have you confirmed your credentials by logging into the outlook application?

SSHASTRY June 17, 2021

Yes, we took help from the IT team with setting up the Azure AD. And I could login and configure in the Outlook application.

SSHASTRY June 20, 2021

Is there any suggestion which i need to check on the same concern? Can someone help as this is a urgent requirement?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

@SSHASTRY I would suggest submitting a ticket to Atlassian support. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

I still think the issue is on the Azure side.  It is important that your IT team followed this documentation when setting up the authorization flow.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v2-oauth2-auth-code-flow

What are they seeing on their side in the AD logs when you try and login?

SSHASTRY June 22, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder . I have opened a ticket with support team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events