OAuth 2.0 not supported for Get Issue API

Vincent Fiestada December 15, 2020

I'm getting the error OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method. when sending a GET request to this URL: https://<domain>.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/issue/<issueKey> and using an OAuth 2.0 (3LO) access token.

The Jira Software Cloud REST API Documentation seems to indicate that either OAuth 1.0a or Basic Auth can be used, but from other parts of the documentation and code samples, it seems that OAuth 1.0a has been superceded by 2.0.

Does the Jira Software Get Issue API support OAuth at all?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hello @Vincent Fiestada

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you please confirm exactly what you are trying to achieve with the REST API you are using? More precisely, what kind of information you are trying to get from the issue?

As you can see in the feature request below, OAuth 2.0 is available for Jira Core (the Base application) and Jira JSM, however, some endpoints from Jira Software are still not supported:

OAuth 2.0 Support 

That being said, the endpoint you're currently using is related to Jira Software application, which does not support OAuth 2 yet.

If you are trying to get only the default issue fields and features, you can use the following Endpoint of Jira Core:

GET  https://<domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}

Now, if you looking for any specific detail provided by the other endpoint you're currently using, you must use OAuth 1.0. Also, Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion below to implement the support for OAuth 2.0 in Jira software endpoints:

OAuth 2.0 for all the JSW REST API endpoints 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Vincent Fiestada December 22, 2020

I guess my issue was that it was unclear in the documentation and examples whether OAuth 2 was supported. I can't even find any OAuth 1 examples anymore. I think the way it's conveyed in the docs can be improved.

Like Alex likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events