• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Number of Unreleased Tickets

Is there a way to query the number of tickets, in a given project, that have not been released?

We have over 300+ agile projects across a large number of teams.  And I know there are teams not releasing their tickets on a regular basis.  I want to try to identify the projects that are not releasing them, to prevent future issues.

Suggestions? TIA

...Kelly

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes...I combined both queries and it seemed to do the job.  I was then able to sort by project and identify the culprits!

thanks...much appreciated

Hi @Kelly Hawke,

A lot depends on how you're organised. There's a couple of queries you could use to get there:

Resolution = unresolved 

This filter would retrieve all open issues (not having a resolution filled out). Assuming that all released issues are done and should have a resolution filled out, this may be your best option.

fixversion in unreleasedVersions()

This filter gives you all issues assigned to a fix version (release) that has not been released. This search narrows down to only those issues linked to a release and thus relies on the fact that your teams should apply this practice for unreleased issues.

Obviously you can combine both queries. If you save your filter, you can display the results in a dashboard using suitable gadgets like a pie chart (slice by project e.g.) or a two dimensional issue statistics gadget, where you could show them by e.g. project and fix version

Jack Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

yep it comes down to how you define "released" in your project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,121 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you