Nullpointer expection for issue object

Pradeep A July 8, 2021

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def issueId = queryParams.getFirst("issueId") as Long
def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueId.toString())
log.warn(issueId)

def issueSum=issue.getSummary()

Hi im working on rest end point when I try to create issue object I'm getting Null pointer exception

error message:

{"message":"Cannot invoke method getSummary() on null object","stack-trace":"java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getSummary() on null object\r\n\tat Script327$_run_closure1.doCall(Script327.groovy:61)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.UserCustomScriptEndpoint$_doEndpoint_closure2.doCall(UserCustomScriptEndpoint.groovy:186)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.UserCustomScriptEndpoint$_doEndpoint_closure2.doCall(UserCustomScriptEndpoint.groovy)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.diag.DiagnosticsManagerImpl$DiagnosticsExecutionHandlerImpl$_execute_closure1.doCall(DiagnosticsManagerImpl.groovy:359)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.diag.DiagnosticsManagerImpl$DiagnosticsExecutionHandlerImpl$_execute_closure1.doCall(DiagnosticsManagerImpl.groovy)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptExecutionRecorder.withRecording(ScriptExecutionRecorder.groovy:13)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptExecutionRecorder$withRecording$0.call(Unknown Source)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.diag.DiagnosticsManagerImpl$DiagnosticsExecutionHandlerImpl.execute(DiagnosticsManagerImpl.groovy:357)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.UserCustomScriptEndpoint.doEndpoint(UserCustomScriptEndpoint.groovy:219)\r\n\tat com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.UserCustomScriptEndpoint.getUserEndpoint(UserCustomScriptEndpoint.groovy:70)\r\n","status-code":"INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR"}

1 answer

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Looking at the method signatures for getIssueObject() in this resource, I see that it can be passed either a Long or a String. If it's a Long, it should be the issue ID; if it's a String, it should be the issue key. It looks like you are passing the ID as a String (and hence the method looks for an issue with that key); try passing it instead as a Long, i.e.

def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueId)

Suggest an answer