Notifications for project events

Naomi Jayaratne June 26, 2019

Is it possible to receive a notification when a certain transition/event occurs for X issues within a project, over a given timeframe?

For example, I want to receive an email notification if 3 or more stories within a Project have had a specific Label specified in the last week.

OR I want to receive an email notification if 5 or more stories have not been assigned to anyone within a Project

Note: I'm trying to figure out if ScriptRunner for Jira is the solution, but have not yet been able to identify if it can help with the above or not.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hello Naomi,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Unfortunately, there is no way to trigger notifications in JIRA based on how many times a specific event was performed in a time frame, although maybe an App can provide you this functionality.

That been said, the closest option you can achieve would be to set periodic notifications informing how many issues were updated with a specific time frame by configuring Filter Subscriptions. Let me give you an example:

Let's suppose you would like to receive a weekly notification informing all the Stories created in the last week which are currently unassigned. These would be the steps:

- Navigate to your Issue Navigator > Type the following query and save it as a filter:

assignee is empty and created >= startOfWeek(-7) and created < startOfWeek()

- Subscribe to the filter, selecting the frequency you want it to be sent:

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 16.17.52.png

For more information about this, you can check the documentation below:

Configuring Filters

Let me know if this information helps.

Naomi Jayaratne July 19, 2019

Thanks, Filho.  I managed to create the filter subscription as an interim work-around.  I'm hoping I can find an App to help achieve this better.  Appreciate your help.  

Suggest an answer