Notification of issues assigned to me into MS teams

Mati Ur Rehman February 15, 2021

Is it possible to get notified in MS Teams if an issue is assigned to me in Jira or if I am mentioned in a comment ?

Using Jira Cloud in MS Teams I am able to get notifications of any issue created or updated into Teams Channel but I need is to notified individual users about issue assigned to them or if they are mentioned in a comment.

5 answers

5 votes
Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Mati Ur Rehman 
hi @Tom Szymanski 

thanks for sharing your question. MS Teams and Jira can work pretty smart together!  Microsoft Teams for Jira might be a solution for you. With this solution, you can start 1:1 chats within Jira. 
Feel free to take a look at the Marketplace: Microsoft Teams for Jira & JSM 

In that context we compared a few popular Jira apps for Microsoft Teams: Comparison of popular Jira apps for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams for Jira

Greetings from Mannheim, Germany

Patrick

Tom Szymanski April 19, 2021

Thanks @Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_

That looks pretty slick but unfortunately due to the reliance on a hosted service to maintain the sync it's not a viable option for our particular environment.

2 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2021

Nice comparison @Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_  :) but completely outdated and with tons of lies @Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_ (not cool to mislead people like this).

Microsoft Teams Jira Connector with its Microsoft Teams companion App:

- permits you to set up global, project, personal notifications, issue and Jira filter notifications. You can an actionable card which can be used to comment, assign, etc.

- allows you to create Microsoft Teams discussion channels from Jira

- enables you to create a Microsoft Teams Tab to display a list of issue + create/edit issues (including epics and subtasks)

- The App is BugBounty covered and adhered to the best security practices

- Microsoft Teams Jira Connector is developed by ex-Atlassians in Sydney

- Here is the public road map

If you have any questions or need help please feel free to schedule a Zoom call.

Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2021

Hi there @Move Work Forward ,

thanks for your constructive and thoughtful feedback. The comparison is based upon research from October 2020 - we're happy to update it based on your feedback. Our aim is to provide a transparent overview for customers, I would not call that a lie ;-)

All the best,

Patrick

2021-04-19_16h31_45.png

P.S.: by any chance; do you know, when "Microsoft Teams Jira Connector" Server/Data Center will be Bug Bounty covered?

0 votes
Tom Szymanski April 18, 2021

@Mati Ur Rehman - I'm looking to do the same thing and all the plugins I've seen so far will only send a notification to a Team and not to an individual user in Teams. Did you have any success in your search?

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2021

Hi @Tom Szymanski ,

If you use Microsoft Teams Jira Connector with our Microsoft Teams bot named "Move Work Forward with Jira" you can set up personal notifications that come directly to your chat with the Bot. You can see the rule setup in our Jira App.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 18.10.34.png

CC: @Mati Ur Rehman 

Tom Szymanski April 19, 2021

@Move Work Forward Thank you for the reply. I only just noticed that this post that I initially replied to was for Cloud. My question however is for Jira Server.

With Microsoft Teams Jira Connector (server) and the bot is it possible to send individual notifications directly to individual users' chat in Teams?

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2021

Hi @Tom Szymanski ,

We are close to releasing the Bot support for the server also.

0 votes
Mac S
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Hi @Mati Ur Rehman ,

MS teams and JIRA already has this free plugin available. Once installed in JIRA, users will get option for JIRA in MS teams. You will get alert in MS Teams in same way as in your desktop webpage.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217836/microsoft-teams-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope it will help.

Regards.

Mati Ur Rehman February 19, 2021

This one is great for sending notifications to MS Teams channels but what I need is to send notifications to individual users. Is this possible?

Mac S
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2021

Mostly the authentic information can be from Microsoft or Atlassian plugin sites.

MS Teams - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/new-jira-server-integration-for-microsoft-teams/ba-p/327688

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

have a look at using Automation. There is a call out action to Teams and you can construct the automation condition based upon assignee. if you get stuck LMK. I haven't done this myself but shouldn't be too difficult.

Mati Ur Rehman February 19, 2021

If you can point me to any documentation on how to do it that would be helpful.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

Atlassian has good documentation and a good search for that documentation. If you go to support.atlassian.com and enter something like “automation Teams” you might find this article - use-automation-with-microsoft-teams 

Johnny Hermann October 15, 2021

AFAICT, Automation only works for posting to MS Teams channels, not individuals (which is what I too need).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events