Notification Other Than Email

David Osborne September 14, 2022

Hi,

Is it possible to configure Jira to notify Watchers of updates with a method other than email?  It would be cool if I could see a stream/feed of updates to tickets I care about from within Jira or maybe in Microsoft Teams?

I am not a Jira admin, but would love to know about a feature like this in order to propose a change to our admin.

Thanks,

David

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @David Osborne 

Welcome to the community.

Any notifications that are delivered by email through the Notifications schemes should also be available to the users through the Notifications feature within the Jira application. In the Jira Cloud application there is a bell icon in the upper right neat the Search field which will display the Notifications that have been sent to the logged in user. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @David Osborne,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It can be done by using automations, it can send DMs and messages to channels in MSTeams.  You may want to ask your Jira admin to add automations to your instance if you do not already have it.

Suggest an answer