Not seeing the line-through a story when completed

larias May 29, 2020

Does any one why I'm not seeing a line-through the completed story during an active sprint? all sub-tasks are marked as done and when I mark the story as done, but I don't see the line-through the story number.  I started noticing this last week, it was working prior to that.  Any ideas?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

Hi @larias  - It is probably because the Resolution is not getting set. You need to add a post function to the transition to Done to set the Resolution. 

larias May 29, 2020

Thanks John.  I add a post function to the Done transition to set the resolution and when I go to the board setting, I see the check mark on the set resolution for the Done status.  I'm still not seeing the line through the story even though the status does say "Done"

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

It will only be applied when issues execute the transition in the future. It is not retroactive.

To update existing Done issues you can follow the advice in this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Resolution-field-behavior-adding-new-and-retroactive-updates/qaq-p/1060329

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

Hello @larias that means the ticket doesn't have a resolution in place. Make sure that there is a value assigned to the Resolution field, once you have that, no matter the status of the issue, you will see it with the line through

larias May 29, 2020

Thanks Hernan.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events