Not receiving email notifications

Carlos January 24, 2022

Hi, is there something that Im missing? Im not receiving any notification email for my issues, I have a enterprise gmail account.

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

Hello @Carlos

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Checking your email and the email address of your colleague on our tools, it shows that the emails were delivered.

Also, there are no bounces or blocks on our side.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 17.50.04.png 

Are you not receiving notifications at all or specific notifications?

Can you confirm with the person who manages the domain if our IPs and domains are whitelisted:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Carlos January 25, 2022

thanks! now Im receiving notifications!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

@Carlos , what exactly changed to result in receipt of emails? Was it whitelisting Atlassian or something else?

1 vote
RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hello @Carlos  I think you need to check your mail settings by following steps:

1. Manage your google account 

2. Go to the security Recommendations and click to  protect your account 

3. Turn on the third party access.

4. you will receive jira notification 

security check.png

Thanks,

Rishav Kumar Gupta  

Carlos January 24, 2022

thanks for your help!, I have this:

Capture.PNG

How can I receive the jira notification?

thanks!

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Carlos  Have you checked with the personal setting .

notification setting.png

Thanks !!

Carlos January 24, 2022

Yes, my notification settings are like yours!

RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

Here is the notification setting , check whether you are there in particular group or role of which notification you want.notifi set.png

thanks !!

Carlos January 24, 2022

yes, I have this:

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Lucas Cardona August 31, 2022

We're having the same issues on emails going to the domain @mdsdigital.com.  Some of our people receive it but others do not (like myself). Is there anything we can do to make sure everyone within the organization receives them?

Thanks.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Beyond what @RISHAV KUMAR GUPTA  shared, if that doesn't address the issue please advise as to what troubleshooting you have done. Have you inspected the notifications under project settings? Did you check personal notifications under personal settings (click on avatar)?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Please go to project settings > notifications and ensure you are in the appropriate role/group associated with the desired notifications. Please note that unless you have it configured otherwise under personal settings, you will not receive notifications for your own changes.

Carlos January 24, 2022

In project settings , I have this:

Capture.PNG

And in personal notifications is on  "send me notifications" with all options selected

thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

And are you either a watcher, assignee or reporter? Are others receiving notifications? Do you have someone else you can test with? If so have them make a comment on an issue assigned to you.

Carlos January 24, 2022

For now we are only 2 people, and none of us are receiving notifications by email.

I made a comment on a issue, with no luck!!!

thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

It may be that your emails are blocked. I suggest you open a support ticket 

Like John Funk likes this
Carlos January 24, 2022

cant create one, because we are in the cloud free edition!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Ok. Let me try to get some help here.

Beyond Support Desk February 4, 2022

We are having the same issue - its only just stopped sending the email notifications for any updates to the tickets by requestors - all was fine up to the 21st January but now no notifications being received for updates to tickets - I would appreciate some help on here too please 

Beyond Support Desk February 4, 2022

I raised a question on the community area too but seen this thread 

Suggest an answer