Not possible to add decimal value into Story Point field

svitlana_trubnikova December 13, 2019

Hi!

Yesterday morning I faced the following problem: language of the JIRA interface was changed from English to Russian, even though I didn't change any system settings.

System setting still shows that default language is English, however, it's actually in Russian.

Since that moment I'm not able to add decimal value into Story Point field anymore, it shows "validation failed" error. I tried to separate numbers with dot or coma - none of them worked.

2 answers

0 votes
svitlana_trubnikova December 16, 2019

Hi Ollie,

English is set as a browser language, as a system language, as JIRA default language and as a Google account language. Automatic translation is turned off as well.

For some reason, JIRA is the only tool which is trying to translate information into Russian, disregarding all the settings.

I've been using JIRA for a couple months without any problems. This issue occurred last Thursday, even though I didn't change any language settings.

Normally I'm using Chrome, but problem is relevant for other browsers as well.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

There are several language settings in the system, such as Default language in global settings and Language in Personal settings.Are they all set in English?

svitlana_trubnikova December 16, 2019

That's correct, all settings are set to English

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

Suggest an answer