• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not getting email notifications when I am tagged in the ticket

Hi there,

I am not getting emails anymore when I am tagged in a Jira ticket, so I am missing actions and things I need to double check. 

How can I get my email notifications back after I am mentioned in a ticket?

Thanks. 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Feb 15, 2021

Hi Kate, there could be different reasons for this. It could simply be that someone has updated the notification scheme. I would start with this document - troubleshoot-notifications-in-jira 

Thanks Jack,

It's strange because I have my notifications ticked as demonstrated in my screen shotJira-No-Notifications.PNG

I'll have a look at that  document, thanks!

that is actually not the full story. those are your personal elections however, you need to take into consideration the project scheme - project settings > notifications. For example if the project settings does not include you in any/all notifications then your personal settings will not have any effect as they are 'secondary filters'.

Okay sure thanks, I know other people that get notifications from the same project, so I am more confused!

i would do the following:

1. identify a colleague that gets notifications when you do not
  2. go to admin > user management and find what groups/roles that person is in
  3. check your user account and see which roles/groups you are in. how do they compare to #2
  4. check the project notification scheme and observe the groups/roles that will receive the notifications. are you in the role/group that receives notifications?
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Kate,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Allow me to step in to share with you another thing that may cause this issue.

If you are, for example, a default user that runs an automation rule to alert users, and you are also mentioned, you won’t receive notifications because it would be considered the “You make changes to the issue”.  So, if there is an automation rule and you are set as the actor, it’s expected that you don’t receive the notification.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comment :) 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,047 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you