Not getting any notifications on watched issues

Dawid Kowalski March 23, 2021

I don't get any notifications when watching a ticket. No email nor push. No matter if I'm turning the watcher option myself or I'm added by somebody else. The "Watching" section in notifications is empty, only getting the "Direct" notifications. Do you know how to enable this option?

Screenshot - 2021-03-23T135022.580.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hello @Dawid Kowalski 

Welcome to the community.

Do you know if any other users are receiving notifications?

Have any activities occurred on tickets you are watching that you know for a fact should have generated a notification to you?

Are you watching tickets in Classic projects or Next Gen projects? In Classic projects there will be a Notification Scheme associated with the project that determines which activities will generate a notification and to whom that notification will be sent. That will affect whether or not any notifications are sent to you for issues in that project.

Dawid Kowalski March 24, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thanks for the answer! We use Classic projects, the notifications for ticket Watchers are configured in Notification Scheme and the other users don't experience this problem. I'm the only member of the organization that reported such issue.

I confirm that there were tickets with activities that should generate notifications.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Have you checked your Personal Settings to see that you have not disabled notifications?

Can you have your JIRA Administrator use Notification Helper to confirm that you should've received notification for the activity?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Dawid Kowalski March 28, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill

I can confirm the notifications are not disables and that the Admin confirmed I should've received the notification.

Best,

Dawid

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

I'm sorry I haven't been able to suggest a solution for this. Your JIRA Admin should probably contact Atlassian Support directly for additional help.

Stephanos Massouras February 4, 2022

@Dawid Kowalski Have you managed to find a solution? I have the same issue

Dawid Kowalski February 6, 2022

@Stephanos Massouras unfortunately not

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events