Not able to select resolution for issues

Rachna February 3, 2021

Hi All,

I am not able to populate a resolution drop down to select Done/ Won't do while closing a issue . I am attaching all the setting which I have done. Looking for help!Not able to set resolution.pngResolution options.pngResolve Issue Screen.pngValidators.pngPost function.pngWorkflow.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rachna 

There are two further things you can check:

• Permissions: Confirm you have permission to Resolve/Close issues. The Resolve Issues permission is what allows for resolution and reopening.
  • Field Configuration: Verify that the Resolution field is not hidden in the field configuration scheme.

Ste

Rachna February 3, 2021

Thankyou Stephen for your quick response. I am attaching screenshot of field configuration scheme (We have recently started using JIRA in our company)

I have permission of site adminField configuration Scheme.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rachna 

If you have no Field Configuration Schemes, you'll be using the Default Field Configuration - you'll be to view this from the Field Configurations area (next option up on the left-hand menu).

To see more on field configurations, check out these pages.

When checking the Permissions, you may need to check both the Permission Scheme, to ensure roles or groups or similar are associated with the right permission - and the People area within your Project Settings, if your permissions are role-based.

For more on permissions, check out this page and this page.

Ste

Rachna February 3, 2021

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  I have checked Field Configuration Schemes and Permissions, attaching screenshot of both. It seems fine to me resolve issue permission.pngresolution field configuration.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rachna 

It looks like the field is hidden in your Field Configuration - press Show to unhide it.

Let us know if that corrects the issue :)

Ste

Rachna February 3, 2021

It worked thankyou so much :)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rachna 

Excellent!

So other users know this chain of responses could help solve similar issues they have, would it be possible to select "Accept Answer" at the top of the answer? :)

Ste

Rachna February 3, 2021

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Thankyou again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events