Not able to see an already created custom field

Roopa July 11, 2021

I have created a custom field as shown below and attached it to default screen.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 125516.png

but i am not able to see this field any where as shown in the below screenshot. How can I get this field?

Screenshot 2021-07-11 130105.pngScreenshot 2021-07-11 130043.pngScreenshot 2021-07-11 130018.pngScreenshot 2021-07-11 125950.pngScreenshot 2021-07-11 125856.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Roopa Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It's seems to be a Team Managed projects. 

Try to add field in the following way :-

For Multi Line Text field >> Select Paragraph from "Create Field" section on Right hand side and drop in Description field. Give field name and description. That;s it field get field added on the selected issue type.

Thanks

V Y

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021
Roopa July 11, 2021

i have tried this and it works but i want to make this field mandatory.. there is no option to make it a required field. how to do that?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2021

@Roopa @Unfortunately it is not possible to make mandatory on Create Issue transition. As field Configuration scheme is not available for team managed project. If you need field configuration then create Company Managed project.

thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Your first screenshot shows that you have configured a custom field for a company-managed project.

Your second and following screenshots show the fields from a team-managed project.

You won't be able to see your custom field if you configured it for a company-managed project and expect it to see on a team-managed project and vice versa.

Determine which project you want the custom field to be in. I assume you want the field to be in a project which happens to be a team-managed project. For a multi-line text field, add it by clicking on Paragraph.

Roopa July 11, 2021

i added the multiline text field by clicking on paragraph but its not allowing me to make it a required field. How to do that?

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

There is no default way to make a field mandatory in a team-managed project. To make it mandatory, you will need to add a Rule in the workflow. Follow the steps below;

1. Click on 'Edit workflow' in your Issue Types page

2. Click on Rule from the top bar

3. Select the option 'Check an issue's field'

4. Select the transition and then your field from the drop down menu that you want the field to be mandatory

5. For the option 'Check if it is', select 'Doesn't equal' and then leave the 'This value' box empty. This means that the field needs to be checked to ensure that it is not empty. Click Add.

Roopa July 11, 2021

what should be selected in the transition?.. basically the requirement is that when we are creating the issue it should not allow to create if we leave this field blank

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2021

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box way to add a validator to the 'Create' transition in a team-managed project (unless someone else has a suggestion).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events