Not able to make Authorization Code API call from postman

Abhishek Jaswal February 7, 2021

Hi , 

I am getting this below error when I am making the Api call for authorization code from the postman.

Can anyone guide me what I should do to resolve this

This is what I am getting when I am making Authorization code call from Postman, But when I did the same over the browser I was able to log in and then get back to the callback URL I had provided.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Abhishek Jaswal,

On the 1st screenshot, it looks like the error is "unauthorized_client" - there are not much details on the screenshot that is helpful on what is going on. 

Not really sure which kind of authentication you are trying to perform here. You can use API token on Jira Cloud; Basic auth for REST APIs.

Abhishek Jaswal February 8, 2021

Hi @mogavenasan 

I am doing OAUTH 2.0 3 legged authentication call

there as you can see 

first we have to make an authorization call

Which I am doing in inside the Postman but above screenshots were the errors that I am getting

Capture5.PNG

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hah, thanks for the information. The first step is to direct the user to the authorization URL, please share with us what is the request and it's response? You might want to remove any sensitive data on the request and response.

We should be looking for if the request is correctly configured as per the documentation and also what is the response you are getting.

Moreover, the authorization URL will need redirect_uri, technically an URL to your own app. How are you implementing this via the Postman?

Abhishek Jaswal February 9, 2021

I have resolved this issue thanks

for postman the redirect url is : https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback

this same url you have to give under authorization in your jira app

auth uri is: https://auth.atlassian.com/authorize?audience=api.atlassian.com

Like mogavenasan likes this
FAsmani September 21, 2021

hey @Abhishek Jaswal

I am facing this same issue. can you explain me ?

thivya.thogesan March 24, 2022

@Abhishek Jaswal @FAsmani  did you figure out how to call the authorization code api call of jira api using the postman?

melek khefifi May 15, 2023

@Abhishek Jaswal  hii my friend

i have the same problem when i want to test the authorization uri with postman he give me 200 OK request but he don't give me the authorization code !!! 

i really need help if there is anyone here can help me please !! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events