Not able to find project when creating Kanban board

Kelly Wu April 17, 2021

Hi, I created a new project and tried to create a new Kanban board for that new project.  However, I am not able to find the new project name in the project drop down.  would you know what might be causing this?

Thanks

Kelly

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

This will happen if you create a project that you do not have permission to see.  

Go back into administration (admins can always see all the project;s administration sections, even if they are not set up to see the project content!), you'll be able to find a link to the admin section of your new project, go into it and check that you're a member - check the roles and permissions.

Kelly Wu April 18, 2021

Thanks Nic!  Super helpful.  I reached out to IT to get the access.

On a related question, if I created a sub-kanban board under a project, is there a way to create jira tickets directly for the sub-board? currently only the main project name shows up in the project drop down. 

For example, the project name = ABC with its main Kanban board: ABC

If I create a sub-kanban board (Team A) under project ABC, is there a way to create ticket directly for the "Team A" board?  Currently only project ABC shows up in the project drop down list.

Kelly 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

There is no concept as a "sub-board" in Jira, you simply have boards.

Boards are a view of a selection of issues, they're not containers for issues.  You do not create an issue for or on a board, you create an issue and it will appear on boards that select for it.

The project type matters in the next bit of the question - team-managed (next-gen) projects have a simple 1:1 relationship with projects, so you'll only see one project at a time.  company-managed (classic) projects work off a filter, where you can say stuff like "project in (abc, def, ghi)" or, to limit a board down more maybe "project = abc and team-name-custom-field = ateam"

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2021

What kind of project have you created?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events