Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Not able to export 'StatusCategoryChangedDate' column to csv file


I need a csv file which, among other info, shows me when activities were switched to "Done".

When exporting data as csv, all columns I need are perfectly filled, except the 'StatusCategoryChangedDate' which doesn't even show up in csv file. Since other data are shown perfectly, seems like that's still a bug.

I've seen two other similar topics here posted about two years ago with the same problem, but the only solution found on those is using the "Open in Microsoft Excel" option or exporting data as HTML. This doesn't solve my problem, since a direct link to a CSV file would be way more convenient in my automated reports. 

Any help or ideas are very welcome.


André Favoto.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
Nov 16, 2022

Hi @André de Oliveira Águila Favoto -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The statusCategoryChangedDate summarizes the movement through the workflow by statusCategory: to do, in progress, and done.  If all you want is when issues reach "Done", have you tried to use Resolved instead?  That field can be exported.

Kind regards,

Great one, I hadn't noticed this column. I just tried, and it seems to be working.

It would be nice to trace the other status changes as well, but considering this limitation, the most important one is "Done" to monitor efficiency, produce burndown charts, etc.. So your suggestion solves the problem just fine.

Thanks so much!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
Nov 17, 2022

Awesome, and I am glad that helped!

To see information on the specifics of the time-in-status, you could try Atlassian's interpretation of the Control Chart report for your board.  There are some limitations on that chart, so if you want something better / different your options may be driven by what you want to build or purchase:

  • call the REST API to grab the changelogs and build your own report in an external tool
  • add custom fields, and use automation rules to set the values on issue transition, and then report on those
  • buy a marketplace addon/app for better reporting / dashboard gadgets

thought I would surface this workaround from @chris.reyes 

  • The easiest work-around I've found is to create your filter, add the StatusCategoryChangedDate field to that filter and then export to HTML. From there, I open the HTML in my browser, select and copy all the cells in that table, and then paste into an empty sheet in Excel.

This issue has been around for years now -- why Atlassian makes us use their API or some third-party code to export a single column is beyond me.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Nov 16, 2022

Hi @André de Oliveira Águila Favoto , indeed you cannot export to CSV via the Export CSV function. As you noted export to Excel or Sheets should work but isn't an option for you. Is leveraging the APIs an option? I found this post (you may have already seen) that discusses this topic - Export-status-change-history-from-Jira-inc-From-To-Date .  

Thanks a lot for the fast answer.
At first I was working with the APIs, which seemed to be the best option indeed, but then I saw I was limited to export only 100 issues per request, even setting maxResults as any higher value. Sadly, as stated here, it seems to be a limitation by Jira itself. Even with pagination, this rate turns out to be very slow (minutes over) when I try to see a history of some months (which here would be over 3K issues, easily). 

The fastest option I found was requesting CSV files (which can have up to 1000 fields). By paginating the http requests I can get all available issues way faster than with the API.

The only problem I am facing in this approach is this missing column. I figured I would be able to solve this problem without external add-ons or rewriting too much code, as it seems to be a bug with only one specific field

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events