Not able to do bulk edit more than 1000 issues

putraj.ramaiah July 6, 2021

Hi ,

We are trying to do bulk edit more than 1000 testcases but only we are able to see /edit first 1000 issues .Is there any way to edit next 1000 issues ??

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Two OOTB options:

1- You can do it in batches:

• run your JQL
  • edit your issues (1000) and add a unique label as part of the edit (“BE-complete”)
  • re-run the JQL but add …”AND labels != “BE-complete”
  • repeat the edit operation including the label
  • repeat to end

2- you can use CSV import

• there are a number of posts out there about how to update issues using CSV import but basically you do an export of the issues which will include the issue ID. Then you simply include that column in your import and also include the fields you want to update.
0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2021

Welcome to the community, @putraj.ramaiah.

Another option would be our Jira cloud app Advanced Bulk Edit for Jira.

With our app it is possible to edit thousands of issues at once. Our app could be helpful if you do large bulk changes on a regular basis.

If you have questions or feedback about Advanced Bulk Edit for Jira, don't hesitate to contact us. 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

Hi @putraj.ramaiah

you may want to check out JXL in the Atlassian Marketplace. It's a spreadsheet experience for Jira in which...

a.) you may be able to do your bulk editing directly (for up to 10k issues), by simply copy/pasting a value. Below, I'm bulk-editing the assignee via copy/paste, and this works similarly for most other fields, too.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

b.) alternatively, you can open the bulk editing experience by selecting and right-clicking issues. Jira's native bulk editing experience is, unfortunately, still limited (to maximum 1000 issues), but you can easily trigger it "batch by batch".

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.28.14 pm.png

For more details, you can also check out https://jxl.app. (Disclaimer: I work on JXL.)

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira , if you happen to represent the company it is important to declare in your post. Unsure if that is the case as your name doesn’t include the company nomenclature.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
July 7, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey 

apologies - I updated my post and my name accordingly.

Best,

- H

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

thanks! nice app implementation BTW.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events