Not able to create a branch from the ticket.

Michelle.Theriot June 30, 2020

The option to create a branch for a ticket used to be on the ticket itself. For the past few months we have no longer seen the option to create a branch on a ticket on the "new view", but have been able to click on "see the old view" in order to see the button to create a branch for the ticket.

Today, there is no button to "see the old view" so I am also not able to create a branch to start work on my next ticket.

This is a blocker for me at this time. I'm going to have to work with some of my colleagues to find some other way to create a branch to start working on a ticket.

Please bring the option to create a branch for a ticket back. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So I resorted to going to BitBucket to create the branch. Once there I found a new "Jira Issues" area within the repositories in BitBucket for creating branches off of Jira Issue tickets. One drawback to that is that if you need to create a branch in more than one repository in BitBucket for a Jira Issue you have to go to the Jira Issues area in each repository in BitBucket to create the branch.  

It appears that within Jira there is no longer a way to create a branch from a Jira Issue ticket, that this is now done in BitBucket instead in the Jira Issues area for each repository.

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2020

If you want to add new custom fields start and end dates to your instance, you need to have Jira administration global permission and create custom fields as described here.

This had nothing to do with permissions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events