Not Able to hide field for all the issue types in Jira cloud

akhil dev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2023

Hi,
We are having requirement to report the last date that the issue type moved to 'In Progress' so that I may correctly calculate Cycle Time.
Can you please let us know how to create a read-only fields and how to hide the custom fields in Jira Cloud without help of Scriptrunner.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @akhil dev welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unless I'm wrong, I'm afraid you cannot calculate/display this date/timestamp without a third-party app.

Creating a "read-only" custom field is done by splitting the issue screen from the screen scheme into 3 separate issue operation screens: create issue screen, edit issue screen and view issue screen.

Put it only on the view issue screen and don't add it to or remove it from the create issue screen and edit issue screen.

akhil dev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Did we have any In-built feature for hiding the field in cloud Environment??

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @akhil dev, Hi @Dave Mathijs,

Just me thinking out loud but if you create 3 separate Screens as Dave has described, I think you could then hide the field by not including it in the Layout for the issue type? Hope that helps,

Kel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events