No longer have an option to disable email notifications for automations

Christel Gray January 26, 2023

Hi all,

I don't know if there's been an update that I missed, but I no longer have the option to disable email notifications for automations I create. I have full site admin access and have checked an automation for just one project and an automation at the global level.

Did this disappear for anyone else?

2022-05-26_9-53-16.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2023

Hi @Christel Gray 

I looked at mine as well, and it is still there for me! When you see that it is missing, are you also looking at "Edit Issue"? I've found that not all automation settings or triggers have the option to disable email notifications. Just an idea!

Christel Gray January 27, 2023

The Action is "Transition the issue to." We're getting emails and don't need them. Here's a screenshot of the automation:
2023-01-27_11-07-52.png

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2023

Hi Christel,

The emails associated with transitioning issues is associated with the workflow post functions and nothing to do with the automation itself.

In your workflow post functions, you will see line 5. This tells the workflow that once the transition is complete, it fires off a notification to those associated with the notification event.

As an example, below I'm showing my Resolved to Closed Transition. Line 5 points to the Issue Closed Event.

ice_screenshot_20230130-092114.png

When you go to the notification scheme, Issue Closed has no one associated with it, because I don't want anyone to receive the email. 

ice_screenshot_20230130-092343.png

You'll also see that Issue Assigned, we only send emails to the assignee, not the reporter and Issue resolved, we only send emails to the Reporter but not the assignee. We do this because we want to eliminate the noise coming out of the system and only sending notifications to the relevant people.

Despite the event being called Issued Closed, I have also used this on another one of our transitions "Waiting for Support to In Progress" because we don't want users to be receiving those notifications. Unfortunately there's no option in the notification scheme to add a new event.

This should resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Suzi

Like Christel Gray likes this
Christel Gray January 30, 2023

This explains it! Thank you, Suzi!

0 votes
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2023

Hi,

I just checked mine by making a new automation and it stills exists.

Suzi

Christel Gray January 27, 2023

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders