No email notifications

Dennis Crews March 30, 2023

I have a single user who is not receiving email notifications from our single jira software project. All other members are being notified normally. I've checked his jira settings, and he is set to receive all of the normal types.

In the notification helper, he shows as receiving emails.

But there is no record of any email being sent to this user. Is there something else I can try? I've exhausted all of the troubleshooting steps that I can find.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Dennis Crews 

Atlassian Cloud will maintain a suppression list of email addresses that appear to be invalid according to SMTP responses from destination mail servers.  If your mail server had the account listed as inactive when our service tried to send a notification, that account will no longer receive email from our cloud services.

I have gone ahead to clear all the suppressions on your email domain just now.  Try to send your team-mate a new notification through our Cloud services and they should be able to receive it now.  If not, please let me know the specific address that is affected here.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
Mark Peterson March 30, 2023

is it a personal email, or does everyone have the same email domain?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events