No Incoming Default Cloud Mail Server After Restoring From Backup

Samar El-Zorkany June 29, 2021

Hi

I restored a backup of JIRA cloud and it doesn't have the default cloud mail server for incoming mail. I found a thread referring to a bug where there's a workaround to setup the server again but it didn't work (it gives me "something went wrong" error)

I found another thread stating that it only gets fixed by contacting support but I couldn't contact support as I'm on the free plan so I get "ask community" option only.

Help please :(

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello @Samar El-Zorkany ,

This is a know issue tracked as:

I have created a support ticket in your behalf in order to get this issue fixed: JST-675223

However, since you have multiple sites on your name I have temporary set the community Jira as the site.

Please review the ticket, provide the name of the site affected by this issue, and consent access to your instance so that the assigned support engineer will be able to proceed without having to ask for it (this way you will save some time).

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Samar El-Zorkany ,

Sounds indeed like something only support would be able to help with.

i'll escalate this question to them so they can chime in here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events