Next Gen Roadmap removing Start/Due Dates

Abby Kaske March 30, 2020

Has anyone figured out how to clear out Start/Due Dates in the Next Gen Roadmaps?

I have some items on roadmaps that are a bit amorphous and we don't want to set dates on them, but they keep defaulting to having dates and it won't let us save that field blank.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abby Kaske March 31, 2020

Not sure if it's buggy or what, but after angry clicking in the date box and hitting delete a bunch of times (and the date still shows in the box), if you click out of the box, then it is deleted.

I think the pattern is click into the date box > hit delete on your keyboard > click in the box > click out of the box.

It doesn't show as deleted until you click out of the box. This is horrible UX, but hey, figured it out eventually.

Nick Sutcliffe November 22, 2020

What Date Box?

Abby Kaske November 23, 2020

The date box in the epic. If you drag any epic in the roadmap, it sets the dates. When I posted originally, we were trying to remove dates for issues we hadn't come up with an estimate for, but the date picker doesn't have an option to Clear Selection.

But, if you click in the date selector (calendar pops up) > hit delete on your keyboard > click out, then it clears for you. It was just a frustrating user experience.

It seems like they've improved the UI now, so if you do click in > delete it will actually clear out the date selected in the box (previously, it would leave the date in the box until you clicked out of it, which was entirely confusing.)

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 11.23.48 AM.png

0 votes
Rafael Lotufo March 3, 2021

This is what worked for me: right-click on the the date, the select "clear date".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events