Newly Created Shared Team Not Showing in Team Dropdown

Joy Marshall April 26, 2023

Hey Atlassian Community!

I recently created a shared team, added it to my advanced roadmap and saved my changes. However, when trying to create a new ticket that new shared team is not showing up in the team dropdown. Any one know what I'm missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joy Marshall April 27, 2023

Seems as though this was an issue as Atlassian was making updates to their teams functionality 

tyler April 28, 2023

Hi @Joy Marshall , I am experiencing a similar issue. Do you have a link to a bug ticket where Atlassian might be tracking this?

Steps to reproduce:

• create a new team in Jira Software
  • invite 1 member (myself) to newly created team
  • team is created as an "Open team" with the following screen tip: Anyone can join and edit the team

I am unable to select the newly created team on the Team dropdown for existing tickets or filter an existing board using the Team dropdown

Like Hamid Pajouhandeh likes this
Joy Marshall April 28, 2023

Here is a helpful link so the changes that were rolled out: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Atlassian-teams-are-coming-to-Jira-Software/m-p/2282350 

I was trying to create a shared team from an advanced roadmap but now all teams seem to be "shared" and it is no longer a premium only option so you don't have to do the creation through an advanced roadmap.

I noticed the the changes were finalized a day or 2 ago so one team that I had created but was having issues with, I just deleted and started over. I was wondering if it didn't work since the transition was in progress. When I started fresh through the teams select in the upper toolbar, I no longer had issues.

I hope that helps!

Like tyler likes this
tyler April 28, 2023

thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS