New jira and Timesheet

Dimpal Dave January 16, 2018

I would like to see timesheet for individual who is working on specific project. 

How would I navigate to that page ?

Currently I am not getting any option in left menu from where i can view timesheet for individual for specific to project.

Thanks,

Dimpal Dave

3 answers

7 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi, @Dimpal Dave 👋  Welcome to the community!

Are you using native/built-in Jira worklogs or one of the many Atlassian Marketplace apps for creating and managing timesheets?  I don't think the community can really help you (well) without knowing.

It would also be very helpful to know if you are using Jira cloud or data center.

Best,

-dave

0 votes
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Dimpal Dave

When it comes to timesheets, native Jira has pretty much nothing to offer, so you'll most likely need to resort to third-party apps from the Marketplace. Searching for timesheets returns quite a lot of options.

One I can certainly recommend is our Clockwork, either Free for basic needs or Pro if you're after more customization options and reports that can be recreated with just one click.

With Clockwork, you can log time either manually or automatically (or a mix of both!) and then view the tracked time in beautiful and easy-to-read timesheets that are very flexible. Here's what it looks like:

timesheet demo.png

You can select a time frame, projects and quite a lot of other filters and then select your breakdown options. It can be almost anything you might think of, but the most popular options are timesheets by users (User>project>issue) or Epics (Epics>Issues>Users).

Clockwork Pro supports custom worklog attributes, so you can add tags and checkboxes to your worklogs and then filter or breakdown by those attributes. Common choices for these are a checkbox to mark billable/non-billable and tags showing the type of work done, like coding, reviews, deploying, and others. Some even track the mood of the employee while doing a task just to monitor team's mental condition!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or reach out to us via our service portal.

Cheers!

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

One thing I forgot to mention - our timesheets work with native Jira worklogs, so the time to show up there does not have to be tracked with Clockwork. It does take some time after installation to sync our servers with the customer's Jira instance, so the timesheets might not be available straight away.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2023

Hi @Dimpal Dave ,

my suggestion is to try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/timesheets-by-tempo-jira-time-tracking?tab=overview that is the best app for this purpose.

Fabio

Suggest an answer