New board via filter - missing epics in pane

Hardip Singh June 12, 2022

Hi All

Thanks to anyone that replies. Your help is appreciated.

I set up my new project board consisting of 2 teams and started adding the issues (epics, stories, tasks etc) into the backlog.

Team 2 was originally going to be part of the project however they now have a different timeline due to a priority call. I thought the sensible way forward would be to:

1. Create a new scrum board for Team 2 as their sprints start & end dates will be different now; and
  2. As neither Team 1 or 2 share epics I thought it would be a nice clean divorce (if such a thing exists!)

I created a simple query i.e. project = XX and "Epic Link" in (XX-201, XX-212) ORDER BY priority DESC, update DESC

It all worked well however when I go to the newly created board and view the backlog I don't see the epics in the epics pane on the left hand side.  It's blank and says "All issues". I can create new epics which will be required. 

I can see the epic links on the right hand side of the backlog next to the story points and assignees.

Is there a way to see the relevant two epics above in the epic pane within the new filtered backlog?

I sense I might be missing a key concept of how the original board was created, and what filtering on boards is! <famous last words>

Regards

Hardip

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2022

Your filter is not including the epics you want to see.

Epics do not have an Epic Link, so "and epic link in x/y/z" is excluding them.  You'll want to add something like "Or key in (XX-201, XX-212)"

Hardip Singh July 2, 2022

Morning @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

You replied a long time back and I didn't release. Thanks for taking the time to respond and it makes sense!

Have a good day.

Regards

Hardip

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders