New Jira Experience - Remove Quick Filter Dropdown

Jennifer Marks February 6, 2018

Is there a way with the new jira experience (cloud) to disable the filter drop down and go back to quick links?  The extra clicks can be a bit annoying.  

Thanks!
Jennifer

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Hey all,

Just wanted to note that JRACLOUD-68779 has been resolved and the quick filters are no longer behind a dropdown! They display directly on the board and are only a click to activate.

Cheers,
Daniel

donji August 22, 2019

This is still a problem

donji August 22, 2019

A better ux would be to have 4 main ones, then have a more button, which shows the rest of the filters when you rollover so you don't have to click. 

donji August 22, 2019

The amount of unused space is atrocious :( 

I have enough room for like 10 filters!
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.49.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.50.33 PM.png

Like # people like this
donji August 22, 2019

never mind, It is fixed, apparently if you click quick filters, it remembers you wanted that open

Like Joseph_Gwinn likes this
Mo Elbadri August 4, 2021

Maybe I'm missing a setting but I still have to click the drop-down button every time I go to JIRA or refresh the page. Yes, if I refresh the page the selected filter stays selected but the drop-down options collapse again!!

Thanks.

0 votes
Per Lundström April 21, 2021

I just released an Chrome extension that simply clicks on the quick filters dropdown so it´s always expanded: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-always-show-quick-fi/cgiohdbbiljoommehjjnfnlmakhopbhg :)

0 votes
Max Cascone March 8, 2019

My board just switched from drop-down to the row of links. I'm ambivalent about the design choice, but what *really* is not good is that the selected choices are not highlighted in some way. Once you select a quick filter(s), you have to remember what you chose, because there's no way to see which one is chose. This is *really bad* UX.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Hi Max,

I'd be interested in hearing if this is still a problem for you. The update to remove the dropdown recently went out to all Cloud instances. Currently when using it, you should see some highlighting on the quick filters that are selected:
image.pngLet me know if you're seeing something else!

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Max Cascone August 22, 2019

This is from a while ago, but my comment above was actually an issue with my monitor settings. Literally 1 notch up or down on my screen contrast made the highlighting appear. I realized this was the case when I dragged the window from that monitor to my laptop screen, and the highlighting appeared. 

So there's probably some kind of UX practice to ensure highlighting is always visible on even the worst screens, but I wouldn't expect it to be religiously followed. In this case a quick tweak of my settings resolved the issue.

0 votes
Jessica Snelling February 11, 2018

I've created a ticket to request the option to display as dropdown or links.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68779

Jennifer Marks February 12, 2018

Thanks!

Kelly Lillis March 1, 2018

i added a comment of support. this is driving me nuts.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2018

There isn't a way to do this. Obviously this is a personal preference thing but for many years there was a lot of pressure applied to deliver the drop down method because it becomes unwieldy to have 10's of buttons taking up real estate on boards. I am thrilled to have the new method personally but again it is a personal preference. Granted it would be nice if there was a setting to select your preference. You might check if there is a suggestion for this and if not create one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2018

I think I saw one for drawing the first ones out old style and then dropping any others that would have gone onto a second row into a drop-down.

Suggest an answer