You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Join now to unlock these features and more
Kindly help me with the Automation Rule so that I can publish the Sprint Items on a weekly basis along with the planned Items, Completed Items, Pending Items, Adhoc Tasks that were added to the Sprint.
1. Trigger: Choose "Scheduled" trigger. Set it to run on a weekly basis at your preferred day/time.
- Sprint Condition: Check if the sprint is active. makefile
Sprint = Active
- For each type of item (Planned, Completed, Pending, Adhoc), you'll likely need to evaluate based on status, labels, or custom fields that define each type in your Jira setup.
- Actions: Fetch Issues: Use the "Lookup issues" action to get the list of all issues in the active sprint.
- Evaluate Items:
+ Planned Items: Typically, these are items that were added to the sprint during the sprint planning.
+ Completed Items: Filter items based on a "Done" status or whatever status indicates completion in your workflow.
+ Pending Items: Filter items that are still in progress or not yet started.
+ Adhoc Tasks: If you differentiate adhoc tasks with a label or custom field, use that to filter them. If not, you might consider adding a convention to identify these.
- Send Notification: Depending on how you want to publish the list, you might choose:
+ "Send email" action to notify a distribution list.
+ "Create issue" or "Edit issue" action to update a Confluence page, Jira issue, or another medium with the list of items.
+ "Send Slack message" if you integrate Jira with Slack.
To whom are you sending this information? And what problem are you trying to solve by doing this (i.e., why do this)?
If the recipients are people who are Jira users, have you tried using a scheduled rule (or triggered on a sprint event), to send them a link to the built-in Sprint Report?
The basic outline of the rule would be:
Writing automation rules requires learning and experimentation. I encourage you to try to write the rule. If you run into challenges, post images of your rule and the audit log details, explain what does not work as you expect, and the community can help.
To get you started on creating your rule, please refer to these documentation and example sources: