Need to find issues that moved from one status to another

Becky March 26, 2019

I need to understand what % of our issues are getting deployed without moving through our QA process. Ideally, an issue status goes from In Progress to QA Ready to QA Started to QA Complete before being changed to Merged and then Deployed. Issues that bypass our QA Process will go straight from In Progress to Merged and then Deployed.

What would the syntax be for identifying recently resolved issues (say, in the last month) that moved through our QA statuses?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Hi Becky - Welcome to the Community!

You can do the query as you want for the list of issues that are resolved (for whatever time period you want) and then add "and status was in ("QA Complete") or whichever of the statuses you want to identify. Usually in the case you have identified, I use status was not in ("QA Complete") which shows the issues that did NOT go through QA Complete. 

So it would look something like this, status changed to Resolved during (yyyy-mm-dd, yyyy-mm-dd) and status was not in ("QA Complete"). 

Where Resolved is the actual status name you use and the dates are the time frame you are looking for. 

Hope that helps. If you have trouble with the syntax, holler back.  :-)

Becky March 26, 2019

Wow thank you @John Funk that's exactly what I needed. Turns out that these queries did the job:

status changed to "deployed" during (2019-01-01, 2019-03-25) and status was in ("QA Complete") and project = Product

comparing to 

status changed to "deployed" during (2019-01-01, 2019-03-25) and status was not in ("QA Complete") and project = Product

To understand what % is making it thru the process. 

Thank you!

Like JAVIERA VEGA likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Great! Can you click on Accept Answer for me?

Devi Vaishnavie March 24, 2023

I wasn't able to pull resultant even if the syntax and other seems to correct. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

Hi Devi - Please create a separate question and provide the details of what you need. That way more people will see it. You can tag me on it if you like.

Like Devi Vaishnavie likes this

Suggest an answer