Need to filter defect cases by issuetype I have but not linked to any issue links using JQL

Ashley Daniel January 4, 2021

This is what I have so far, but I want to find all my defect cases with this filter but find anything that doesn't have "Issue Links" associated with them. 

project = EHR AND issuetype = Defect AND fixVersion in ("EHR 6.8.2", "EHR 6.9", PRIVABRIDGE, "EHR 6.8") 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

does this get you there?

project = EHR AND issuetype = Defect AND fixVersion in ("EHR 6.8.2", "EHR 6.9", PRIVABRIDGE, "EHR 6.8") and issueLinktype is empty

Thank you for responding, to answer your question yes and no. Its really odd when I do "issuelinktype is empty is populates a few that are in deed empty however there are a few its not displaying in the new filter... I can't figure out why. Fix versions are the only other thing I have listed and its in there.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

well let's have a look at one of the specific ones it isn't including that you feel it should. can you share a screenshot? What are the fixversions? You are confident there are no links to the issue?

Here is a screenshot of the first part of the defect case- Has Fix Versions EHR 6.9

and the "Issue Links" isn't listed below the images where its located- When we have test cases linked it displays "Issue Links" and says Relates to then the test caseScreenshot 2021-01-04 144052.pngScreenshot 2021-01-04 144220.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

hang on a sec... I thought you were talking about Jira issue links but it seems maybe these are test case 'links' via some addon app? If so, I have no idea if the JQL functions for links would work for these test cases and actually would not think so. Now if these "test cases" are actually just other Jira issues and you use the link feature to link them then they would show up for sure.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events