Need to create roadmap from existing issues

rakesh10 April 1, 2023

I have created 100+ issues in a Kanban board for a project. Now we need to create a Raodmap using these issues. I do not want to create issues manually once again in Roadmap. Also if I do so, it take incremental number for the issues id. In Roadmap page, I do not see any option to select issues from the project. Neither I see any option to import. I tried configuring the Roadmap but again there is no option to select source. Please guide.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

Hi @rakesh10,

I am not sure what roadmap you are talking about. If you are on a premium plan and using advanced roadmaps, following these steps should let you create your roadmap from the kanban board:

1. Navigate to Plans > Create Plan
  2. On the screen that appears, give your plan a name, select Boards as your issue source and then select your kanban board.
  3. Click Create and your plan, with all the issues in it should be generated

Note that advanced roadmaps works with company-managed projects. Team managed projects have their own basic roadmap, which has very limited configuration options.

Hope this helps! 

mia April 1, 2023
If you have already created the issues in your project's Kanban board, you can easily add them to your roadmap without creating them manually again.

One way to do this is by using the "Epics" feature in your project. You can group related issues under an Epic, which will then show up as a single card in your roadmap. To do this, simply go to the issue that you want to add to an Epic, click on the "More" button, and select "Add to Epic". You can then select an existing Epic or create a new one.

Once you have grouped  your issues under Epics, you can add them to your roadmap by selecting the "Epics" view. From there, you can drag and drop the Epics onto the roadmap timeline to create a high-level view of your project's progress.

If you don't want to use Epics, another option is to use the "Filters" feature in your Kanban board to create a custom view of your issues that you want to include in the roadmap. You can then save this filter and use it to generate a report that shows the issues on your roadmap.

Overall, there are several ways to add your existing issues to your roadmap without creating them manually again. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further queries related to any product or items
rakesh10 April 3, 2023

Hi Mia - I have already explored two options -

1) Creating plan and use in Roadmap creation [While doing so, not able to create plan itself as the create plan button is disabled]

2) Created a filter Data Lake-Filter and trying using that filter in Roadmap. But again this saved filter is not appearing on Roadmap page. There is no option enabled to select and use.

rakesh10 April 3, 2023

Hi Walter - I am simply using "Roadmap" and there no option of "Advanced Roadmap".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events