Need to create a Jira dashboard cycle time by state report

Nhajebi January 25, 2018

We are on Jira server 6.4. I would like to create a dashboard report  that provides our cycle time by state of the issues for each sprint (To Do, In Progress, QA, Done).

If possible, I can view it for multiple sprints for each team.

What report can I use in Jira to create this report?

2 answers

3 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Our Great Gadgets add-on offers a Cycle Time Trend Gadget that might be helpful for you. It uses a Jira filter as input. The gadget can also display a data table, which contains the cycle of every issue. 

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

When your focus is on displaying how long one status was active, than you should try the "time in status" gadget. This article could be helpful.

Nhajebi January 30, 2018

Thanks for the article. We already have the plugin and "Transition" tab exists inside the issue. I'm able to create "Average Time in Status" report.

I have created a filter (Issues types, name of sprint) for 1 of our sprints that it is 3 weeks and would like to know how long has taken to resolve and complete a user story. The filter provides me the list of different issues types (user story, task, bugs) that we have worked during the sprint.

However, I don't know how to read the graph.

Let's say during our 3 weeks sprint, we have completed 10 user stories and 5 tasks. We moved 5 user story and 5 tasks in progress status to the next sprint. How should I read the "Average Time in Status" report?

Please see screen shot of my report. 

Nhajebi January 30, 2018

Screen shot.png

Like Sid Lammata likes this

Suggest an answer