Need help with "Zephyr with Jira" maven dependency

aashima agrawal March 10, 2021

I am trying to add maven dependency for "zfj-cloud-rest-client-1.2 jar" for my POC using Zephyr with Jira cloud.

Can you please help with the same.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Welcome to the community @aashima agrawal 

If you are developing for Jira cloud, I'm not sure where do you want to add this dependency.

Now, if you using Java for cloud plugin development you can

I hope this helps.

Devesh May 6, 2021

This doesn't work for me. It throws run time errors like: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/fugue/Option

My end-objective is to update Zephyr on a real time basis as every test case passes  or fails. I am using openjdk11, TestNg and maven. Is there a documentation that provides step by step on achieving this.

Also I tried following this example: https://github.com/zephyrdeveloper/zapi-cloud/blob/master/Samples/src/com/thed/zapi/cloud/sample/CreateCycleAndAddTests.java but I get run time errors. 

Is there any maven dependency that I directly use which further provides wrapper for calling zephyr apis?

Frank Pedroza June 28, 2022

I am experiencing this same thing. This 3.0 jar appears to be missing the necessary dependencies, or rather it's pom file doesn't correctly define it's dependencies. NoCkassDef for fugue and typesafe play dependencies. The jar file the Zephyr squad says to use is zfj-cloud-rest-client-1.2-jar-with-dependencies.zip and it works, but it contains a bunch of extra crap that you don't need and I was hesitant to pull into my project. Why is this so hard? 

Alfonso De Maria
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

For those still struggling with this issue: A possible solution is to use thin jar from here

https://github.com/zephyrdeveloper/zapi-cloud/tree/master/Samples/production/zapi-cloud/generator/java/target

But as you all experienced it, it has some broken dependencies, mainly because com/atlassian/fugue/Option was moved into io/atlassian/fugue/Option at Maven, so, in order to fix those broken dependencies this is what I did:

I decompressed both Jars (fat, with-dependencies, and thin) and then just took those folders out from fat one and into the thin one. Once I did that, I just re-compressed in Jar with this command

jar cvf zfj-cloud-rest-client-1.2.jar -C zfj-cloud-rest-client-1.2/ .

I'm still struggling with some methods of this API version, in example: I no longer seem to find the POST stepresult to create a brand new stepresult but I'm still investigating how to fix that.

But other than that, by following steps above, I was able to create valid JWT tokens

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events