Need a JQL to get all the user stories linked to test cases in JIRA

I am using Zephyr Squad to write test cases and link them to JIRA user stories.
I want to get all the user stories linked to test cases. So that I can understand the traceability matrix of a project

Please provide the query so that I will customize the same. 
If JQL query is not available please let me know any other way to get it.

1 answer

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

Hi chandrasekhar.kovvuri@netenrich.com ,

If you have a script runner then you can use the below JQL.

issuetype = Test and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Story") 
 issueFunction is not supported in JIRA. Is there any other way to to get the user stories linke to test cases.
Please note that currently I am using Zephyr Squad for developing test cases and test execution.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

chandrasekhar.kovvuri@netenrich.com It is not working, because it requires the app called ScriptRunner. Install that app, otherwise that JQL won't work.

Like Manoj Gangwar likes this

ScriptRunner is not a free app to install. Is there any other way of getting User stories linked to test cases based on Sprint?

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

chandrasekhar.kovvuri@netenrich.com 

Unfortunately, Jira does not have the functionality to return the test cases linked to stories returned by a specific query, where you would specify the release.

However, this kind of "Sub-filter" functionality can be achieved only by some third-party apps

Thanks, Manoj Kumar for your quick response.  Is there any other way of getting it without using JQL?

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events