Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Need Workaround for Issue Collector in modern SharePoint

Hi guys, 

I am trying to add the issue collector into the modern version of SharePoint, But modern version SharePoint doesn't support webpage content editor anymore. I am wonder if anyone has a work around for this problem please? Thank in advance!

Cheers, 

Viv

2 answers

You can save your issue collector code in an .html document and store that within your Sharepoint documents. Then copy the link and Button Web Link with the URL of the html file you created. It will execute in a new window but it works.

Thanks a lot!

I'm trying to do this as well but when I follow the link it opens the html file for editing rather than opening the form. Do you need to use a custom trigger and set it to reference the Button Web Link like shown below for this to trigger correctly?

<script type="text/javascript">
 window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
  "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
   jQuery("#ButtonID").click(function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    showCollectorDialog();
   });
  }
 };
</script>

I get the same results as David when saving as a .html in a document library. The only thing I have gotten to work was adding the issue collector script tags to a modern script editor on a classic 'web part page' in SharePoint online. 

When I add the Jira Issue collector script tags to a modern script editor on a modern sharepoint page (online), it doesn't work. When I look at the source code on the page, it looks like the beginning tags on the script tags is being converted to unicode.

I can't figure out how to get the script tags to render correctly on a modern page.

Has anyone else found a work-around yet to embed an issue collector on a modern sharepoint page?

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 22, 2021

@Vivien Pang Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I believe you can use embed or embed webpart to accomplish this.

I have tried that but it doesn't work.

same here.

nothing is working.

don't know if it's Jira or MS

lol

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,818 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you