Need Workaround for Issue Collector in modern SharePoint

Vivien Pang July 8, 2021

Hi guys, 

I am trying to add the issue collector into the modern version of SharePoint, But modern version SharePoint doesn't support webpage content editor anymore. I am wonder if anyone has a work around for this problem please? Thank in advance!

Cheers, 

Viv

3 answers

0 votes
LC February 10, 2024

In case it helps anyone:

I believe Microsoft has nerfed html embedding in modern SharePoint sites.

It can be enabled by a SharePoint administrator (of the tenant; not just the SharePoint site) but it is off by default.

Once it is on, get the embed html from your issue collector and save as htm file. Upload this file to your SharePoint site.

On your SharePoint page, use the "File and media" web part to embed the htm file.

Republish and you should see the collector button appear.

0 votes
Danny D_ September 15, 2021

You can save your issue collector code in an .html document and store that within your Sharepoint documents. Then copy the link and Button Web Link with the URL of the html file you created. It will execute in a new window but it works.

Vivien Pang September 15, 2021

Thanks a lot!

David Anderson November 4, 2021

I'm trying to do this as well but when I follow the link it opens the html file for editing rather than opening the form. Do you need to use a custom trigger and set it to reference the Button Web Link like shown below for this to trigger correctly?

<script type="text/javascript">
 window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
  "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
   jQuery("#ButtonID").click(function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    showCollectorDialog();
   });
  }
 };
</script>
Boe Barlage December 22, 2021

I get the same results as David when saving as a .html in a document library. The only thing I have gotten to work was adding the issue collector script tags to a modern script editor on a classic 'web part page' in SharePoint online. 

When I add the Jira Issue collector script tags to a modern script editor on a modern sharepoint page (online), it doesn't work. When I look at the source code on the page, it looks like the beginning tags on the script tags is being converted to unicode.

I can't figure out how to get the script tags to render correctly on a modern page.

Has anyone else found a work-around yet to embed an issue collector on a modern sharepoint page?

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

@Vivien Pang Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I believe you can use embed or embed webpart to accomplish this.

Vivien Pang September 15, 2021

I have tried that but it doesn't work.

Laufer IT February 11, 2022

same here.

nothing is working.

don't know if it's Jira or MS

lol

Tamer Afifi March 15, 2023

Any update from anyone on this issue?

Suggest an answer