Need Help With SAL's in Jira

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Hi Team,

I have requirement but i'm not good at SLA's I dont have much Knowledge with SLA's can you please help me wit my requirement.

Here is the requirement:

Reporting requirements

This is assuming that the SLA is for a 24/7 team.

#1, 2, 4, 5 should not send a notification for each ticket that meets the criteria. It should instead send a daily list of ticket to Group@xyz.com . The daily list should list each ticket that meets one of the criteria below. The tickets must be grouped by the criteria it meets. If it meets more than on criteria then the ticket should show in both lists. The list should include the following for each ticket: key, description, status, created date, and assignee. If that is not possible, then this information should be available as a report/dashboard.

#1 High priority in Containment

If ticket is high/highest priority and in "Containment" > 24 hours.

#2 Remedation > 7 days

If ticket is in "Remediation" > 7 days.

#3 Post-incident Review > 2 weeks

If a ticket is in "Post-incident Review" > 2 weeks notify the assignee.
If it is possible: If has the ticket has a "Post-incident Review Sub-task" sub-task that is closed then let them know to just close the ticket.

#4 Tickets open > 30 days

tickets !closed > 30 days

#5 Ticket without update > 3 days

If ticket is not "Closed", "Refer & Close", or "Post-incident Review"  > 3 days

#6 Chart/Report showing status and assignee

Create a report that shows:

• Count of open tickets by Assignee. Count of open tickets by status.
  • Bar chart x-axis Assignee, y-axis count of tickets, bar for each Status where the bars are grouped by Assignee
  • If the bar chart isn't possible then just have a table report. Where y-axis Assignee, x-axis Status, intersection count of tickets
  • The report should have a with date/time stamp showing when the report was generated.

Can anyone suggest me please 

Thanks,

Kumar

2 answers

0 votes
Dan Brockwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hey Kumar, I'm an Associate Product Manager in Incident Management for Jira Service Management.

We're currently looking to better understand how teams conduct their post incident review (PIR) / postmortem process and their key pain points / user needs.

Came across your feedback and would love to set up some time to learn more about how your team runs PIRs. Feel free to shoot me an email on dbrockwell@atlassian.com if you'd be open to having a chat :)

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

Hello Kumar, 

The part with a daily list of tickets can be solved with filter subscription, just create a filter and add a subscription to it, don't forget to add permission to filter.
You can create a group in user management, and add that group to subscription.

The part list should include the following for each ticket: key, description, status, created date, and assignee can be achieved by editing the columns for the filter.

1. priority = High and status = Containment and "SLA First response time" = breached() //I used "SLA First response time" as an example and it doesn't have to be breached just write you
SLA name = and it will offer you options. SLA filtering can only be used via advanced mode in searching or you can use != 

2. Create a SLA named "Remediation", set it time to 7 days, create a filter to search for "Remediation" (name of SLA) = breached()

3. Haven't figured how to check the linked issue status, don't know if it helps but you could try filter search for desired ticket filter: status = "Post-incident Review" and updated > 14 days ago

4. filter search for desired ticket filter: created>30 days ago and resolution = Unresolved

5. filter search for desired ticket filter: updated>3 days ago and resolution not in ( "Closed", "Refer & Close", or "Post-incident Review")

6. create a filter for each part and create a chart based on that

just play around with filters, hope this guide lies help

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2018

HI @Olga Videc  Thanks For your response

My end users need an reports that mention in above description

here i suggested them to create a gadget and add this filter to that gadget

here is the filters that i created can you please correct me if i did wrong and i only created for 1, 2 , and 5 

1) project = "SI" AND status = "Containment"  AND !(NOT status changed AFTER -1d) ORDER BY updated DESC

2) project = "SI" AND status = "Remediation"  AND !(NOT status changed AFTER -7d) ORDER BY updated DESC

5) project = "SI" AND status = "Post-incident review"  AND updated >= "-3d" ORDER BY updated DESC 

can you please help me in jql query for 4 and 3rd they need a notification.

Thanks,

Kumar

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

Hello Kumar,

4. project = TEST AND resolution = Unresolved AND created <= -30d

(instead of Test write name of your project)

3. You could do this add a special SLA which starts when the issue is transitioned to Post-incident Review and then add a filter with a subscription which will match when this SLA is breached

This SLA should go like this:

Start: Entered status: Post-incident Review 

Pause or stop: Status after Post-incident Review

Goal 14 days

This part AND !(NOT status changed AFTER -1d) I never used this you could try to filter see if it works I know its green in JQL but does it match something?

Suggest an answer