Native Time Tracking Feature - capture that via a report

Nicole Ritter March 23, 2023

We are moving from JIRA Software Server to JIRA Software Cloud and need a way to auto create a report that captures the time spent across all projects/issues for a time frame. 

Currently, we go into the database to pull this information via SSRS. 

Moving to Cloud, 

1. Is there a way to connect to our instance and pull the time information similar to what we are doing with server?

2. Is there a way to auto produce a report from JIRA?

3 answers

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @Nicole Ritter 

With Jira Cloud you cannot access the database directly. You could instead look at extracting the information using the REST API. Neither the UI nor the API support retrieving just worklogs based on filters applied to the worklogs themselves (i.e. work logged in a specific time frame).

Jira Cloud does not natively provide much in the way of reports for time tracking. I would advise you to consider a third party app for that. There are several available. One that I worked with previously that I thought was both simple and flexible is Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports but there are several apps available. Here is a search of the Atlassian Marketplace to help you find some of them.

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Hi @Nicole Ritter, we also use Worklogs by SolDevelo and recommend it highly. 

Like Alina Sławek likes this
Nicole Ritter April 12, 2023

Thank you for the information. I will check the app out.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
0 votes
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Hello @Nicole Ritter  

To get detailed reports in Jira, third-party Apps like Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets provide you with detailed reporting.

Clockwork provides you with Worklog, Timesheets, and Totals reports. A great feature of Clockwork is that you can use the filter and breakdown options to further define which worklogs will be included and how the data will be organized.

Tes.png

Recently, we have added the possibility to define the fields you would want when exporting the Worklog report to excel.

0 votes
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2023

Hi @Nicole Ritter 

To add to Trudy's response, an app can help you retrieve time logged on issues.

If you would be interested in the same, you can try out our add-on

Worklogs Time Reports

The app provides the following features.

• Worklogs Report :
    • Create reports for time entered by your team members
    • Filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data
  • Timesheets : View/Enter time spent for multiple issues and multiple days from a single screen
  • Dashboard gadgets

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders