My issue types do not have any workflow options

Max July 5, 2018

I have double checked the workflow, issue schemes, and run the integrity checker.  I still can't get the workflow options to show up.

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

HI @Max

Workflow option where you want to see? What options are you looking for?

Max July 5, 2018

I am not seeing any of the workflow options. 

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

Are you talking about the ..

Issue view screen workflow option 

issue_view_workflow.png

in Admin-->issues --> Workflow option

workflow.png

Can you please attach the screenshot ..for where this option you want to see.

Max July 5, 2018

The "Workflow" button is missing.  I created a board and can't transition the ticket to any workflow steps.  Basically this ticket type is not recognizing the workflow that is assigned to it.

We have done the following:

Double checked that the issue type scheme is published

Double checked that the workflow is published

Double checked that the issue workflow scheme is published

Ran the integrity checker

Re-indexed

WORKFLOWMISSING.png

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2018

Ok, there will be two possibilities here ..

1. check if any condition has been applied to the transition which is outward from Job Review status. if so then you are not part of that group/role..etc

2. A check is that status has been contained an outward transition.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2018

also check permissions for the user in question for the "Transition issues" function. it would be interesting to see if you can actually transition an issue via a board (kanban/scrum).

Max July 5, 2018

We did a check on the permission checker and all looked good.  We are going to rebuild based on our Prod instance (Cloud) and see if that fixes the issue. 

Max July 9, 2018

We have now done a complete backup from our prod server (Cloud) to our dev server (hosted) and the problem persists.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2018

@Max, i removed the link in your original post given this is a public forum.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2018

I'm wondering about a conflict resulting from an addon. If you have any, what are they and can you consider disabling temporarily for troubleshooting purposes. Failing this, you may wish to open a support ticket w/ Atlassian at this point.

Max July 9, 2018

Yes we have Jira Automator setup on the prod version, but not on the dev version.  We could look at this.

Max July 9, 2018

I just recreated the Automation for Jira add-on.  Going to see if this does anything.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2018

recreated? what about disabling it temporarily?

Max July 9, 2018

It was never on the server with the issue.

Suggest an answer