Multiple workflows with identical status - Assignment in the Kanban-Board columns

Dominik Meier May 15, 2022

If I have several workflows in a project, and some of them have the identical statuses, I have a problem assigning the statuses in the Kanban boards.

As an example I have the status "in progress". This occurs in 2 or more workflows. If I now want to make the assignment in the Kanban-Board columns, it appears to me there then 2 or more times to the selection. But I do not know now without testing, which status refers to which workflow.

It can happen that a workflow should be mapped in a second Kanban-Board. How do you solve this? Do you define for all workflows own statuses possibly starting with a prefix (x_in progress, y_in progess, z_in progress).

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Status don't duplicate, they don't belong individually to workflows, they are selected by a workflow from the global list.  You might have "in progress" used in workflows X, Y and Z, but there is only one status there.

Could you show us how "it appears to me that there are 2 or more times to the selection"?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events