Multiple tabs within an issue type not showing up. What could be wrong?

Farhad Malegam April 29, 2024

I added new tabs to an issue type associated with a particular project, but when I create a ticket with the associated issue type, I do not see an option to toggle between the tabs. The steps I have followed are the same as those listed here: Add, edit, or remove field tabs from an issue type | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Farhad Malegam ,

You'll also need to edit the screens associated to the issue types for the project as mentioned in the article:

To add, edit, or remove field tabs, you must be a Jira admin and will need to edit the screen associated with the issue type.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Benjamin  this worked well. Thank you. I have another question, when I add the tab from the screen section, is there a way to have the same fields across the different tabs? Currently it won't let me achieve this. I need to have a few fixed fields and some unique ones to each tab.

Thank you

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Farhad Malegam ,

Most welcome. This is the correct behavior. Fields are design to live in one tab on the screen. 

-Ben

Thank you @Benjamin . Would you happen to know a workaround this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events