Multiple project specific releases into the same cross-project release? (advanced roadmaps)

ihe June 24, 2021

Hi!

We have premium and are deep diving into the possibilities in Advanced Roadmaps, specifically the cross-project releases. 

Backgound info:

We have team-based project setup in Jira, meaning that one team (aka 1 project) work with different applications/modules. Each project use project specific releases to tagg issues into. Since each team work with several applications/modules, this means that 1 jira project have several "live" releases ongoing. This ensures clear labelling/tagging of issues to each product-specific release. 

Cross-project releases:

In Advanced Roadmaps, cross-project releases may be created, making it possible to create a holistic overview of all the different issues from different projects. Typically for biannual, quarterly company-wide releases. 

My problem:

Only one (1) project specific release may be included into the same cross-project release. With a team-based set up of Jira-projects with several ongoing project-releases, this really means that I cannot use cross-project releases as I want to. When I cannot add several releases from the one project into the same cross-project release - my proof of concept fails big-time. 

So, am I missing something vital in the roadmap setup? Or am I correct in assuming that what I want cannot be done?

1 answer

0 votes
ihe June 24, 2021

Suggest an answer