Multiple 'Story Points' fields are messing up while searching

Geetha May 16, 2022

Currently while searching for 'Story Points' that are EMPTY in project, it does not come up with the correct result because there are multiple 'Story Points' fields (one is capital letters and the other is "Story points").

It seems like the proper 'Story Points' that we are using is cf[id] , but we should not have to use a cryptic code to search for the story points field.

how Can I unify these fields and end up with only 1 name?

Currently there are 2-3 story point fields

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Geetha ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would do some sort of analysis, in which projects these additional fields are used and why and try to get rid of these additional story points fields and keep only one original field.

I don't know how big is your Jira (how many projects and issues and affected), but it should be doable. If you have more fields like this, it will always be confussing for your users.

Do you have cloud or server Jira? Because I can see Deployment type = Cloud, but there's also jira-server tag.

Geetha May 17, 2022

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

First of all thank u for responding 

We have a Jira Server

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

I would start with a quick review of the size and usage of stuff.

Run a search for each Story Point field and save them.  "Story points is not empty" is the best option.

That will tell you how much each field is used.  If there's no obvious route (like Story Points used 100,000 times and STORY POINTS used 26 times, so the obvious thing to do is migrate those 26 into the 100,000), then I would start to look at a dashboard - use a "filter statistic" gadget for each saved filter, selecting "project" as the grouping field.  Then you can look at doing it by project.  And so-on.

Note that I've assumed you have "browse project" for every project - check that before running the analysis.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events