Multiple Project,Multiple product, Shared resources,Multiple boards..Most suitable way to set up the

Varun Patial
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2024

Hello Team - 

1. We have like 15-20 products mostly linked to each other in one way or the other. For ex.. the SSO login for all user using a mall to buy crypto is on one platform and the mall is on another platform, however the user has to go through the first platform to regiter and enter the mall.

2. Multiple teams and team leads with shared resources.

3. Currently we have 1 IT board and under that there are multiple teams leads who can see all of there team members in there board and product bifurcation is done based on "Componenet Tag" This is done for the ease od Dev. so that they can see there shared resources occupancy and they dont have to look at mutiple boards.

Request: Iam aware this is not an efficient way, so seeking your support to achieve below

1. Should we have one board or multiple product boards and under that small projects as the scope keeps changing and continues based on user feedback.

2. My team as PM should be able to achieve the standard Backlog,Sprint,Velocity,Resource tracking and time sheet,SLA spent on each workflow from it,

3. Management should be able to see the high level view where the project stands. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Varun Patial,

You could try having a project in Jira for each product. And then, each team should have its own agile board, that shows the issues from one or more products they are working on. If you need a global view, you could create boards for PM only, that includes the work from multiple teams.

And when it is about project tracking, I strongly recommend building dashboards with all the necessary gadgets in-place. Each team should have its own dashboard for their own use and for PM to see the progress of that specific team. And one dashboard for the overall project to be use by PM for tracking the progress overall.  

Take a look over this article to see how you could build such dashboards:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/How-to-track-scaled-agile-SAFe-projects-in-Jira-with-Great/ba-p/1929694

Hope this helps.

Danut.

Varun Patial
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Hello @Danut M _StonikByte_  Thanks for your reply... May. I understand when you mentioned Boards for each team separate that shows issues from each Product can you let me know the steps to do so...also will the Team lead be able to see shared resources in this set up

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Varun Patial,

Each agile board has a filter behind, which returns the issues to be displayed in the board. 

You could create a saved filter for each team, which will return the issues of that team, and then to create agile boards for your teams based on these filters. See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-board-based-on-filters/

Danut.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events