Moving project(s) from one site to another

Levan Inasaridze
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

We are using Jira cloud, and we have approximately four sites. 

What I am trying to do is either to move specific project from one to other site or maybe merge them.. ? What tool or steps would you suggest ?

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Hello @Levan Inasaridze ,

Currently, there is no project import available for Jira Cloud sites. As a workaround, customers can follow the steps below.

How to migrate projects from one Jira Cloud application to another.

Levan Inasaridze
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

I'm working on this nine step: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-two-different-jira-cloud-sites-779160767.html

Got stuck on step "3. Next, import your data from Jira Cloud B to Jira Server."

What I do is I create "Back up for server" from my cloud site then I get .zip file which I place in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import , so that I could import project(s) to jira server. But after it goes to processing, I get this message: 

"There was a problem parsing the backup XML file at C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\jira-export-B-for-server.zip: No 'key' field for Issue 11010."

Which step am I doing incorrectly ? Or why am I getting this error message?

Screenshot_5.png

Suggest an answer